Welcome to Kate Sellars Pilates
Kate Sellars is a fully qualified and insured pilates teacher and a member of the Body Control Pilates Association and Back Care Charity.
As a Body Control teacher, Kate has completed an extensive course with over 100 hours of theory, a practical examination and a written paper exam plus over 70 hours of supervised teaching with other senior BC teachers. Kate has also completed Level 4 (highest level) specialist exercise instruction and is a BackCare Professional.
"I started pilates 15 years ago after I found out I had some damaged joints in my spine from a previous career in horseracing. My chiropractor recommended pilates to strengthen the muscles around the damage and I now find I do not need to take anymore painkillers! Pilates has strengthened my core muscles and my back is much stronger and I’m now aware of which exercises I can do to eleviate any tension or pain. I also have arthritis in my shoulders and find these exercises help to maintain the full range of movement. Teaching pilates has enabled me to help other people to strengthen their bodies and relieve tension and pain. Everyone can benefit from pilates."
Kate also enjoys running, karate (1st Dan), yoga and dog walking and maintains an energetic lifestyle. Pilates compliments all other sports and physical activities.
As a teacher Kate continues to develop by attending four courses a year at the Body Control Pilates Association and commits to private sessions regularly.
- Lower Back Pain Specialist Instructor Level 4 - Back Care Professional
- Bone Health Level 3
- Advanced exercise instructor and Stretch Therapy Teacher
- Qualified with Body Control Pilates in 2009 Level 3 Teaching
- Member of REP's (Register of Exercise Professionals)
- Completed matwork for beginners, intermediate and advanced level courses
- CPR certificate (resuscitation) & First Aid
- Life Coaching Diploma 2005
- BA (Hons) Business Degree 2001